Overwhelmed by Insurance Coverage? No worries, we’ve got you.
Our Personal Financial Coordinators are happy to help you review your financial options and navigate your insurance coverage.
They will call your insurance company prior to your initial New Patient consultation in our office to confirm your insurance benefits. Our Financial Coordination Team is very experienced in helping you navigate the insurance process, and they are here for you every step of the way.
We Work With Many Leading Insurance Providers
If your insurance provider is not listed below, you may call a representative from your insurance company to determine if out-of-network coverage is offered or contact a member of our Personal Financial Coordinators. You can also review our tips for determining insurance coverage for fertility treatment or financing your treatment.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst National Capital Area PPO
- CareFirst of Maryland PPO
- CIGNA PPO
How to determine your insurance coverage
Helping You Navigate Your Insurance Coverage
Patients often ask “How much does my fertility treatment cost?”. We know that working with an insurance provider can be complicated, so we’ve compiled a few suggestions to help you understand your coverage.
Determine Your Coverage by Reviewing Your Benefits
When you first enrolled, you should have received an information packet regarding your insurance that contains the details of your benefits (or you can request one). We recommend that you review your infertility benefits before beginning treatment.
Speaking With Your Insurance Company in Advance
When you decide to pursue treatment, it is a good idea to speak with your insurance company in advance. When speaking with a insurance representative, we recommend the following:
- Document the day and time you called, as well as the name of the representative you spoke with.
- Ask what your specific infertility benefits are. The following questions can be a good place to start:
- What is my coverage for testing and procedures?
- What is my copay?
- During which office visits will I be required to pay a copay?
- Is there a deductible?
- If I am responsible for a percentage of the cost, what is the percentage?
- Will my medications be covered?
- Does this plan require authorization prior to beginning treatment?
- Request the information that they have provided about your specific policy in writing, and also take your own notes.